Information Technology has become critically important in the development of global society. Technological advancement during the last few decades has transformed global society into an information society. Today, more than ever, Information Technology is recognized as means for sustainable human, social and economic development.
With mindset of nurturing upcoming IT talent, Department of Information Technology was established in 2001 and has grown immensely today to offer 4 year UG program with annual student intake 180 and 2 year PG program with annual student intake 36. With the state of art infrastructure and the finest faculty, we provide quality education to transform students into excellent IT professionals.
The innovative teaching methodologies and the congenial environment helps the students to inculcate and enhance not only the technical skills but soft skills, exposure to research and innovation, entrepreneurship mindset, interdisciplinary problem solving approach and much more.
MIT TechnoGenesis – National Level Innovative Project Exhibition and TESLA – National Level Techfest are Flagship events of MITCOE. Apart from this we organize expert lectures, seminars, workshops, symposiums and conferences to get insight of recent advances in technology by eminent personalities from Industry and academia. We have alliance with industry and academia to foster research environment and involve the students in activities carried out under this umbrella.
The Students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities which are necessary for all-round personality development. Department has CSI and ISTE professional society chapters. Every year students participate in national level competitions like ROBOCON, IIT Techfest, Purushottam and Firodiya Karandak, etc.
Our students have made us proud by securing ranks in Pune University, Securing admission for higher education in world class Universities across the globe and keeping the placement graph growing.
Programme in the Department
|Under Graduate Programme|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Program||Duration||Intake|
|1||B.E. Information Technology||4 Years||Shift I – 120|
|Shift II – 60|
|Post Graduate Programme|
|1||M.E. Information Technology||2 Years||Shift I – 18|
|Shift II – 18|
Programme Educational Objectives
- To prepare students with Core Competence in mathematical and engineering fundamentals required to analyze, formulate and solve software and hardware problems to fulfill IT Professional Needs.
- To strive for Intellectual Upbringing of students by inculcating analytical and logical abilities for design and development in emerging areas of Information Technology.
- To inculcate professionalism in students by Application of Knowledge through methodical and rational thinking, communication skills and leadership qualities with emphasis on time management.
- To provide the students with Congenial Learning Environment to instill ethical behavior, self-reliance and social responsibility.
- Fundamentals of Mathematics and Science: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering science to solve the problems in the field of Information Technology.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to logically analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design: An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs with consideration to health care, safety, environment etc.
- Investigation of Complex Problems: An ability to apply research based knowledge and interpretation of data to provide solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Development tools and packages: An ability to select and use modern software development tools, packages and programming languages to develop new applications and services according to recent trends in Information Technology
- Engineering and Society: – An ability to demonstrate professional, legal and social responsibilities relevant to engineering practices.
- Ethics: An ability to apply ethical principles and norms in day to day engineering practices.
- Environmental and Social Impact: An ability to analyze the local and global impact of Information and Communication Technology on individuals, organizations and society.
- Individual and Teamwork: An ability to function efficiently as a team leader/member of a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Communication: An ability to exercise written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with engineering professionalisms and with the society at large.
- Project Management: Ability to visualize and work on multidisciplinary projects from inception to deployment considering technical, financial and time-bound managerial aspects
- Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize the importance of professional development and engage in lifelong learning.
Academic Advisory Committee of the Department
This committee involves all the stakeholders along with the senior faculty members of the Department. Program Coordinator (PC), a chairperson assures the Quality of programme. This committee discusses and ensures the relevance of the curriculum and syllabi with the Mission and PEOs. It also analyzes the problems faced by Departmental Review Committee (DRC) and takes appropriate action or recommends the suggestion to the DRC. The periodicity for the feedback from Stakeholders who contributes for attainment of PEO is also decided by the AAC.
Constituency of Academic Advisory Committee Members
|Industry Representatives||Mr. Purshottam Darshankar , Persistent Pvt.Lmt.|
|Alumni Members||Miss. Shoma Mitkari.
Mr. Varad Vishwarupe.
|Professional Body Members||Mr. Girish Khillari|
|Parents||Mr. Kishor Kinage|
|Academic Experts||Dr. R.B. Ingle , PICT, Pune|
|University Members||Dr. Anjali Chandavale,
Prof. Milind Penurkar
|Senior Faculty Members||Prof. Balasaheb N.Jagdale,
Prof. Bharati A.Dixit.
|Academic Co-ordinator||Prof. Milind Penurkar|
|Students||Mr. Abhijeet Manghat
Miss. Rutuja Shah
Constituency of Departmental Review Committee Members
|Dr. Anil S. Hiwale||HOD; Fellow, Institution of Engineers (India).|
|Dr. Anjali Chandavale||NBA Coordinator, SMIEEE, University Member.|
|Prof. Jyoti Malhotra||NBA Coordinator.|
|Prof. Bharati A. Dixit||ME Coordinator.|
|Prof. Balasaheb N.Jagdale||Entrepreneurship Coordinator, BE Project Coordinators.|
|Prof. Aditi Jahagirdar||Academic Research Coordinator.|
|Prof. Milind Penurkar||Academic Coordinator ,University Member, Discipline Committee In-charge,|
|Prof. Chitrakant Bhanchor||BE Project Coordinators.|
|Prof. Priya Deshpande, Prof. Shamala Mantri||ISO Auditor, Infrastructure & Maintenance In-charge.|
|Prof. Pratvina Talale
Prof. Aniket Ingawle
|Placement Coordinator, Industry Feedback In-charge.|
|Prof. Vasundhara.V.Ghate||Professional Body Activities Coordinator.|
|Prof. Prachi Sarode||Departmental Alumni In-Charge.|
|Prof. Priyanka Gulhane||PTM In-Charge.|