The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication came into existence in 2001 by the approval of AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education).Since then the department has come a long way and is now recognized as one of the premiere departments of the university. Department is equipped with outstanding infrastructure , dedicated faculty members and sincere staff who work with zeal and enthusiasm to provide a vibrant and optimum learning environment to the students.
In order to ensure high standards of education for the students, the department has constantly upgraded itself by adding well-equipped and fully furnished laboratories to supplement the theory courses. The department believes in serious academic pursuit and encourages radical and original thinking which paves the way for creativity and innovative ideas. The qualities inculcated into students make them not only good engineers but also good human beings.
Electronics and Telecommunication Department of MITCOE is a recognized Ph.D Research centre affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). The Department is actively engaged in research areas ranging from practical implementation to theoretical investigations in various fields like Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded System, Video processing , Wireless Communication.
The department consistently publishes research work in reputed Journals and International conferences every year. Electronics and Telecommunication department has a center of excellence that brings ideas together & helps in product creation and commercialization.
Programmes offered in the Department
|SR. NO.||NAME OF THE PROGRAMME||DURATION||INTAKE|
|Under Graduate Programme|
|1||B.E. (E& Tc Engineering)||Duration: 4 Years||Intake: 120|
|Post Graduate Programme|
|1||M.E. (E& Tc Engineering)
|Duration: 2 Years||Intake: 36|
|Doctor of Philosophy|
|1||PhD (Electronics & Telecommunication )||—||–|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students for advanced education, research and development, and other creative efforts in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- To develop students to apply fundamental knowledge, Basic Science, Mathematical models to real life projects.
- To become industry ready and practice the profession of engineering using a systems perspective and analyze, design, develop, optimize, and implement complex Electronics and Telecommunication systems.
- To inculcate in students effective teamwork, collaboration, communication with colleagues and multidisciplinary approach.
- To provide students life-long learning atmosphere to exercise leadership and incorporate societal needs and constraints in their professional endeavors.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Basic Sciences & engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate & solve complex engineering problems reaching substantial conclusions.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze & interpret data.
- An ability to design a system/process to meet desired needs based on innovative ideas.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary tasks.
- An ability to use modern engineering tools, software & equipment to analyze problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively and work in team.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental& social context.
- A knowledge and an ability to deal with contemporary issues.
- An ability to engage in lifelong learning in broadest context of technological change.
- An ability to manage all aspects of project work including finance.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- An ability to analyze and simulate diverse problems in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication.
- An ability to Design & Implement application oriented engineering systems using Embedded Platform.