Research is the foundation of any nation’s economic growth, and MAEER”s MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE) is committed to long term research in emerging areas of engineering and technology. Students and faculty conduct research in thrust areas of engineering. The institute has academic and research collaboration with reputed institutes like COEP, DIAT and industries like KPIT, Tech Mahindra and many more. Faculties of various departments have received funding from agencies like DST, AICTE, ICAR, ARDE, and BCUD.
Purpose of R&D
To be a Centre of Excellence, internationally acknowledge in the field of Science and Technology. Creating entrepreneur to Make in India and harness the knowledge of science and technology for the welfare of the society through MIT TBI. To provide a holistic enabling environment to potential researchers & entrepreneurs and graduating students so as to translate knowledge and innovation into creation of successful research and product. To cultivate academic and research collaborations with national and international universities, government bodies like DST, AICTE, and industries to meet the immediate needs of society and the industry. The institute also remains committed to long-term research as the foundation for future development.
Scope of R&D
- To inculcate the spirit and culture of research amongst all the stakeholders like students, faculties, management, parents and industries.
- To enhance interaction and cooperation between researchers for interdisciplinary and Multi-disciplinary work.
- To forge academic and research collaborations with national and international Universities, government organizations and industries.
- To establish links with various R&D organizations and funding agencies or venture capitalist for sponsored and contract research.
- To work towards development of MITCOE as a global R&D centre