The MIT College of Engineering established the Department of Civil Engineering in the academic year 2012-13. The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the youngest departments of the institute. The Department of Civil Engineering offers undergraduate ‘Bachelor of Engineering’ degree that covers the entire spectrum of Civil Engineering. It is a four year degree course affiliated to University of Pune, Maharashtra with a total intake of 60 students. The department has highly qualified and dedicated faculties. The Department have all the laboratories as per University and AICTE norms. All Laboratories are well equipped with equipment / instruments. The curriculum is designed to understand the potential of Civil Engineering structural analysis and designing, environmental factors current developments of infrastructures. Teamwork, communication skills, an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving and a research attitude are some of the skills that the students develop through various technical and co-curricular activities. The students and the faculty are involved in R & D activities and it has resulted in the papers published in national & international conferences and journals. Our staff members are continuously upgrading themselves by attending conferences, seminars, workshops and pursuing higher studies.
Programmers in the Department
|SR. NO.||NAME OF THE PROGRAM||DURATION||INTAKE|
|Under Graduate Programme|
|1||B.E. Civil Engineering||Duration: 4 Years||Intake: 60|
Program Educational Objectives
- To provide knowledge of fundamental principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- To identify, analyze, design and develop the ability to solve complex Civil Engineering problems with respect to stability and safety.
- To attribute the communication skills.
- To enhance the awareness of modern equipments and techniques in Civil Engineering.
- To motivate the students, for higher studies and research.
- Graduates of the program will be skilled in the fundamental principles of mathematics, science and engineering that are necessary for the success in industry.
- Graduates of the program will be proficient to identify, formulate and analyze the problems from Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering.
- Graduates of the program will be skilled in solving the various Civil Engineering problems with respect to stability, safety, durability and environmental impact.
- Graduates of the program will be capable to communicate effectively during project work.
- Graduates of the program will be capable to use modern engineering tools.